Dolce & Gabbana is set to open its online store tomorrow in partnership with e-commerce website Yoox.
Dolcegabbanastore.com will be available in seven languages across computer, mobile and social networks, offering both men’s and women’s apparel and accessories.
“We’re fascinated by the idea of opening a boutique that’s available to the entire world. We’ve believed in the power of the web right from day one. Now, even people not living in large cities will be able to experience the Dolce & Gabbana world,” said Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana.
The aim of the e-store is to offer the product within the narrative of the brand, meaning a strong editorial focus will surround the merchandising.
“Shop by look” pages will provide the feel of a magazine, while photos will be viewable in 360° and videos will accompany each look.
Delivery on the site will be free for the first three months.
Meanwhile, there’s a great post on The Business of Fashion today featuring a video interview with Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana talking about their digital strategy for the first time.
“[They] speak candidly, not only about the way they use digital technology in their business, but also how it has impacted their own lives, and how this has changed the way they work with each other, and with their teams,” reads the accompanying text.
Check it out below:
A quick look at Dolce & Gabbana’s digital history:
- 2004: Dolce & Gabbana opens its mobile channel, a step ahead of the smartphone wave
- 2005: The first fashion shows available in live streaming via the internet
- 2007: Dolce & Gabbana becomes a digital publisher, launching its magazine Swide.com
- 2009: The D&G e-store opens in partnership with Yoox
- 2009: D&G is the first to invite fashion bloggers to sit in the front row at its fashion shows
- 2010: Pre-show press conference with Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana via YouTube. Snack videos are posted, previewing the collection themes
- 2010: Stefano Gabbana opens a Twitter account, riding the personal branding trend
- 2011: Stefano Gabbana opens his own Tumblr account