Happy new year one and all! To kickstart 2013, here are a handful of stories surrounding all things fashion and digital from over the holiday period you may have missed:
- Louis Vuitton pushes spring/summer line with downloadable paper doll cutouts (as pictured) [Luxury Daily]
- Love magazine released a star-studded Fashion Nativity video on Christmas Day featuring Laura Carmichael, Pixie Geldof, Giles Deacon, Henry Holland, Abbey Clancy and more [Love]
- New video from H&M’s forthcoming & Other Stories line reveals craftsmanship of bags in its first collection [YouTube]
- Nike gamifies every day human movement with NikeFuel Missions video game [DigitalBuzzBlog]
- Fashion retailer Caché launches mobile app featuring push notifications [AdWeek]
In the fast-paced run up to Christmas madness, here’s a little Friday respite with a highlight of 10 of the best festive fashion, retail and luxury films:
1. Topshop: Winter Wonderland
2. Barneys: Electric Holiday
3. adidas: The Cautionary Tale of Ebenezer Snoop
4. Warehouse: Christmas SOS
5. Selfridges: Not Your Usual Christmas
6. Cartier: Winter Tale
7. Debenhams: Christmas Made Fabulous
8. Macy’s: Another Miracle on 34th Street
9. Gap: Love Comes in Every Shade
10. John Lewis: The Journey
We’ve already had digital advent calendars from Jean Paul Gaultier and Love magazine this holiday season. Now, Whistles is getting in on the act, releasing a calendar that’s stacked full of prizes for its fans every single day in the run up to Christmas.
Liberty London Girl announced the exclusive yesterday, and she’ll be tweeting on the mornings with the two biggest prizes too. They include “a trip to Paris for two, including two nights in a 5* Tablet hotel and a gift voucher to spend in the new Whistles concession in Printemps department store. Or a trolley dash in your nearest Whistles store, so you can race around the store and grab all the things you’ve been lusting after in one fell swoop?”
What I love however, is the genius behind-the-scenes video that goes along with it. That’s one miffed model…
Love magazine has filmed another bevy of models each sending the camera a saucy Christmas wish in its second-annual digital advent calendar.
Launching today with a Calvin Klein-clad Cara Delevingne (as pictured) as its December 1 star, the concept follows on from last year’s viral success.
Over the next 24 days, the likes of Abbey Clancy (also pictured), Daisy Lowe, Dree Hemingway, Edie Campbell, Eliza Cummings, Jessica Hart, Jessica Stam, Karlie Kloss, Liberty Ross, Lily Donaldson, Pixie Geldof, and Tallulah Harlech, will all make an appearance, with a new film every day until Christmas. Kelly Brook will feature again too, as will her boyfriend Thom Evans.
Katie Grand, editor-in-chief of Love, says: ”It’s been super fun working on the Love advent calendar again. We had such amazing figures last year with some girls getting up to a million hits for their festive frolicking. I mean, who doesn’t want to see Cara on roller skates?”
Behind the scenes are the same team as last year: photographers Daniel Jackson and Angelo Pennetta, and stylists Sally Lyndley and Victoria Young.