Some more great stories from around the web surrounding all things fashion and digital over the past week:
- Anjelica Huston gets behind the camera for Donna Karan hosiery film (as pictured) [Telegraph Fashion]
- Kate Spade’s digital play [WWD]
- British fashion gets a web dynamo: Natalie Massenet [NY Times]
- Tommy Hilfiger launches “le voyage seafarious” campaign, first ever webisode [Vogue.it]
- T by Alexander Wang taps Bon Qui Qui for spring video [AdAge]
- Rachel Roy opts for digital runway show [WWD]
- Whistles launches new website [Whistles]
- Milk Made’s top 10 Instagrams to follow for NYFW [Milk Made]
- How Pose became the ‘Instagram of fashion’ [Mashable]
- Here’s Net-a-Porter’s new magazine The Edit [Fashionista]
- Pinterest’s retail problem [AdWeek]
- Ebay in agency talks over fashion project [Campaign]
- Seven apps perfect for fashion week (or any week) [Refinery29]
- Branded mini-movies as China marketing tool: boom or bust? [JingDaily]
Amid the fasion week madness, here’s a little respite with a highlight of 10 of the best autumn/winter 2011/12 campaign films:
1. Lanvin’s madcap dancers
2. Mulberry’s CGI woodland feast
3. Hermès by Nick Knight
4. Vanessa Bruno’s haunting yet beautiful portrayal of Kate Bosworth
5. Dior Homme’s The Wanderer, an eerie depiction of an isolated surburbia
6. Alexander Wang’s dark tale in an abandoned Brooklyn grain factory
7. Miu Miu’s Muta, the second film in its Women’s Tales series
8. Donna Karan’s The Power of a Woman
9. Emanuel Ungaro’s Cinq à Sept by Ruth Hogben
10. Mugler’s Gaga / Zombie boy collaboration
Donna Karan has released a short film to accompany its autumn/winter 2011/12 ad campaign.
Directed by Inez & Vinnodh, it goes by the title of “The Power of a Woman”, and takes its inspiration from the brand’s 1992 campaign featuring model Rosemary McGrotha being sworn into office.
“It doesn’t take an ad campaign to make women feel powerful, but oftentimes how we dress plays a huge roll in how we feel,” wrote DKNY PR Girl on her blog. “For Fall 2011, Donna is once again inspired by a woman empowered. She’s powerful because she makes a difference. She’s powerful because she can be anything- a Senator, a Presidential candidate, a Mother.”
Isabeli Fontana stars.
See the complete video, here. And the print ads, here.