I love this new animated video from Kenzo:
Directed by Jo Ratcliffe and produced by Ryan Goodwin-Smith at Passion Pictures, it acts as a teaser for the brand’s first collection under new creative directors Humberto Leon and Carol Lim of Opening Ceremony. Bright, quirky and fun, it’s incredibly on-brand.
The music is by Rob Coudert, and animation by Rob Ward and Suzanne Deakin.
It also appeared in The Business of Fashion’s recent Top 10 fashion films of the season.
Amid the fasion week madness, here’s a little respite with a highlight of 10 of the best autumn/winter 2011/12 campaign films:
1. Lanvin’s madcap dancers
2. Mulberry’s CGI woodland feast
3. Hermès by Nick Knight
4. Vanessa Bruno’s haunting yet beautiful portrayal of Kate Bosworth
5. Dior Homme’s The Wanderer, an eerie depiction of an isolated surburbia
6. Alexander Wang’s dark tale in an abandoned Brooklyn grain factory
7. Miu Miu’s Muta, the second film in its Women’s Tales series
8. Donna Karan’s The Power of a Woman
9. Emanuel Ungaro’s Cinq à Sept by Ruth Hogben
10. Mugler’s Gaga / Zombie boy collaboration
The Business of Fashion has revealed its top 10 fashion films of the season, with Prada’s spring/summer 2011 campaign leading the charge.
Also featured is Tom Ford’s spring 2011 show; Chanel’s robots in Here Comes The Beauty Pack; Gareth Pugh’s film from Pitti Immagine created by Ruth Hogben; and Seven Henrietta Street by Kate Spade New York.
Anatomy of Change for House of Mugler Menswear takes the number six spot – featuring tattooed “zombie” Rick Genest, with a soundtrack by Lady Gaga.
And rounding off the top 10 is Vanessa Bruno’s Miracle; Spying on Kate Moss, a film from on the set of the autumn/winter 2010/11 Balmain campaign featured on NOWNESS; Miu Miu’s The Powder Room; and Net-a-Porter’s Bag Guide.
Check them all out alongside the BoF’s full write up, here.
Here‘s the link to the British Fashion Council’s (busy) digital schedule for London Fashion Week.
It’s comprised of both live-streamed shows and a selection of fashion films. Each will be aired at the given time on www.londonfashionweek.co.uk/video.aspx.