Nick Knight has produced a film for Topshop in celebration of its 10 years of designer collaborations and 10th anniversary as sponsor of the British Fashion Council’s NEWGEN scheme supporting up-and-coming talent.
The spot stars supermodel Karlie Kloss in an array of looks from the high street retailer’s best designer collections of the past decade, including Richard Nicoll, Mary Katrantzou, Marios Schwab and Christopher Kane.
It launched on SHOWstudio and Topshop.com this morning, in time for the first day of London Fashion Week.
It will also be shown on the outdoor screen of LFW’s Somerset House throughout the week, in Topshop’s store windows and on London Underground station platforms.
It’s been a mega busy couple of weeks in the fashion and digital space, so here’s a (larger than usual) round up of some of the best stories:
- Steve Jobs: fashion inspiration [FT.com]
- Karl Lagerfeld to launch accessible womenswear line exclusively with Net-a-Porter [Reuters]
- Saks Fifth Avenue unveils shoe-themed Tumblr blog based on “floor so big that it has its own zip code” (as pictured), partners with The Man Repeller [Tumblr]
- Macy’s mBlog offers insider access to fashion, beauty, home and lifestyle news and trends [WWD]
- Anya Hindmarch launching bespoke website, allowing customers to personalise leather goods, diaries and handbags [L2 Blog]
- Jonathan Saunders and Richard Nicoll join Twitter [Vogue.com]
- British Vogue and Net-a-Porter team up on dedicated autumn/winter 2011/12 microsite [Vogue.com]
- Italian Vogue releasing its own version of Wikipedia, Vogue Encyclo [The Cut]
- Interview: A Shaded View on Fashion Film Grand Prize winner, Elisha Leverock-Smith [Dazed Digital]