In the fast-paced run up to Christmas madness, here’s a little Friday respite with a highlight of 10 of the best festive fashion, retail and luxury films:
1. Topshop: Winter Wonderland
2. Barneys: Electric Holiday
3. adidas: The Cautionary Tale of Ebenezer Snoop
4. Warehouse: Christmas SOS
5. Selfridges: Not Your Usual Christmas
6. Cartier: Winter Tale
7. Debenhams: Christmas Made Fabulous
8. Macy’s: Another Miracle on 34th Street
9. Gap: Love Comes in Every Shade
10. John Lewis: The Journey
Some more great stories from around the web surrounding all things fashion and digital over the past week:
- Selfridges launches The Film Project with Alexander McQueen (as above), Comme des Garçons, Dries Van Noten, Gareth Pugh, A.F. Vandervorst and Rick Owens [Karl is my Unkle]
- Karl Lagerfeld launches new content-driven website [WWD]
- Bergdorf Goodman partners with magazine app Zite to push brand-relevant lifestyle content [Marketwire]
- Mr Porter launches global augmented reality fashion hunt [Mashable]
- Nike showcasing ‘future of retail’ with pop-up Nike+ FuelStation in London [Creativity Online]
- Gap launches new campaign integrating geo-fencing technology [PSFK]
Triumph has partnered with augmented reality technology provider Holition to offer shoppers at Selfridges in London, the opportunity to virtually try on its new collection.
Through the ‘Fantasy Mirror’, women can see themselves wearing items from the Triumph Essence line, without removing a single item of clothing. The mirror uses a motion sensor camera that scans anyone standing in front of it. Infra-red technology then creates an accurate 3D reconstruction of the environment, facilitating a female avatar with real-time movement.
Jonathan Chippindale, CEO of Holition, said: “The Fantasy Mirror demonstrates how 3D virtual reality solutions can be used to develop the consumer experience. We have integrated elegant design with innovative technology to give female shoppers something they have never seen before. The mirror is not an alternative to trying-on clothes, but an additional shopping experience. Consumer expectations are constantly changing as technology evolves and Holition is proud to support this evolution by providing complementary services.”
The Fantasy Mirror was created in partnership with OgilvyAction, and unveiled at Selfridges last month alongside the new Triumph collection, by Helena Christensen (as pictured).