Condé Nast Britain has launched its first standalone iPad app with the annual GQ Watch supplement this month.
The “essential guide to the world of watches” comes in an interactive digital format complete with special animated cover, enhanced editorial content and media rich ads. It was designed in-house at GQ and is also the first high definition app for the company.
Meanwhile, the main November issue of GQ is a dedicated James Bond special. It marks the 50th anniversary of the franchise and this month’s release of Skyfall.
Some more great stories from around the web surrounding all things fashion and digital over the past week:
- Target website issues continue; “plagued by glitches” [AdAge]
- Profiling From Me To You’s Jamie Beck and Kevin Burg: how a blogging duo is changing fashion photography with animated cinemagraphs [Mashable]
- New Look launches first iPhone app, designed for use in-store [New Media Age]
- Polyvore creates monthly magazine [AdWeek]
- Publishers say tablet business is picking up; $10m for Condé Nast and Hearst not far off [WWD]